Read about the basics of IP Intel
|What it does
|Retrieves reputation score of submitted IPs
About IP Intel service
The IP Intel service provides essential IP-related information collected across the internet for several decades. Our combination of providers gives you insight into over 3.5 billion IP addresses for the following:
- Understand the disposition of submitted IPs
- Determine where IP activity originated.
- Uncover the domains associated with specified IPs.
- Find out if an IP belongs to a known proxy
- Identify IPs belonging to known VPN services.
Benefits of using IP Intel service
Pangea serves intelligence data from third-party providers, normalizing response data to help you quickly identify the requested characteristics of a submitted IP address. This check happens through a unified API and SDK - with no contracts or direct integrations with the provider required. Embedding this capability into your code gives you easy access to robust information that can support a wide variety of security and usability use cases.
Embed the Pangea IP Intel service into your App or workflow to gain the insight required to:
- Block suspicious IPs from attempting to sign up, log in, or perform unauthenticated activities like file uploads or newsletter subscriptions.
- Block access from known VPN or Proxy services.
- Geolocate client IPs to provide users with regionally specific information or language options.
- Enrich rare IPs found in infrastructure logs and IPs collected from statically and dynamically analyzed files to provide context to security analysts.
- Pivot from IP to domain while investigating security events.
- Attribute activity occurring within your app to a specific country and record it to Secure Audit Log.